Thursday, April 29, 2010

Places to Stay: Hotels

I've been looking over my itinerary and checking out where Kiliwarriors has booked me for the trip.

My first two nights in Arusha (pre-climb) are at the East African. The Stedman guide says this is primarily a businessman's hotel and said readers are unlikely to be put up there. Well, looks like I am.

Places looks comfy enough (and for what I'm paying, it damn well better be.) I'd rather be outside of town, since there's not much to do in Arusha, but oh well. After 20-plus hours in transit to get there, I probably won't care.

Coming off the mountain, I overnight in The Arusha Hotel, the only 5-star property in town. (I never said I was roughing it.) From the looks of it, I wish I was staying here first. If nothing else, it has a better website than the East African.

On Zanzibar, I'm racking out in the decidedly boutique-looking Z Hotel in Nungwi on the north end of the island. The Kiliwarrior folks like the place and it's a relative bargain compared to the other places. It's also where I'll be staying the longest.

No comments:

Post a Comment